IN2TRACK3 aims to reduce lifecycle costs, improve reliability and punctuality, whilst increasing capacity, enhancing interoperability and improving the customer experience. The structure of the work plan is designed around the development of a certain number of well-focused technological innovations in several areas (S&C, Track and Structures), each and all together, will contribute to achieve the desired impact at the overall railway system level. The IN2TRACK3 proposal is organised around three technical sub-projects, which are interconnected: S&C, Track and Structures.
- S&C activities aim at both improving the operational performance of existing S&C and providing radical new S&C system solutions that deliver a step-change in performance of the asset.
- The IN2TRACK3 Track activities aim at both exploring new track construction to optimise the today track system and improving the track system substantially to provide a step change in performance.
- The IN2TRACK3 Bridges and Tunnels activities aim at improving methods and repair techniques to reduce costs, improve quality and extend the service life of structures.
By enhancing S&C, Track and Structures, IN2TRACK3 contributes to all of the expected impacts identified in the Shift2Rail Annual Work Plan 2018.
The role of CEMOSA
CEMOSA’s contributions to the project focus on the area of superstructure, bridges and tunnels:
- Study of the application of the 3MB slab track design on heterogeneous environments, including tunnels and stations.
- Development and demonstration of underwater auscultation equipment to carry out inspections on bridges and other assets.