The Engineering Area of CEMOSA was set up in 1980, structuring itself in two big areas:
- Work supervision (Technical Assistance and/or Work Management)
- Drafting of projects
Work lines essentially are all projects/works related to transport infrastructures (Roads, railways, airports and ports), environmental engineering (water management, public domain and hydraulic infrastructures management), singular buildings (hospitals, educational centres, offices, airport terminals, etc.) (*)
Over its 30 years of existence, the CEMOSA engineering area has developed a multidisciplinary team structured, on one hand, in divisions focused on the functionalities of each infrastructure, and on the other, in departments of knowledge (structures, geotechnical and foundations, underground works, architecture, drainage installations, mechanical installations, electrical installations, communications installation, topography and mapping) who in a highly specialized and qualified way, provide services across all the divisions.
Accreditations and certifications were gradually obtained: the 9001 ISO in 2001and the 14001 ISO in 2006.
Among the specific services provided by the engineering department of CEMOSA, those that stand out are: projects and technical office, technical assistance and works management, consultancy and supervision, project management and economic feasibility studies. In turn, the work team is primarily structured in the calculation of structures, facilities and topography.
Calculation of structures
Since 1996, CEMOSA has its own team, specialized in the design and calculation of structures of various typologies, both for engineering and for building. The experience gained over these 30 years gives us extensive knowledge on structural performance, which favours a good initial approach, as well as an adequate team development towards a solution, and the quality of the product that eventually is delivered to the client.
The main types of materials used in our structures are steel, concrete in all its forms, wood and glass. The structural typologies cover the following constructions: buildings, bridges, pedestrian walkways, special foundations, containment structures, building rehabilitation and singular structures.
For the development of its works, the structures team has state-of-the-art commercial software on structural calculations, as well as manufacturing in-house tools. In this line of work, it is worth mentioning the CEMOSA handbook and training manual produced together with the University of Malaga. It contains a software application that gathers calculating tools to verify and measure sections of reinforced concrete, so as to meet the “Last State Limits” and “Service State Limits” laid down in the EHE-08 regulations for structural concrete. They also rely on an extensive spreadsheet library to calculate a wide variety of structural elements in different situations, such as the seismic action triggered by an earthquake.
The globalisation of the Company since the year 2010, has provoked a in-depth re-adaptation of this area, in terms of new jobs coming from Latin America and, to that effect, the above mentioned tools have been modified and new ones have been created according to the regulations of each country, but foremost to comply with US legislation (ACI, AASHTO, AISC,..).
CEMOSA positions itself as a leading and reference company in systems engineering, as much as in the drafting of projects and in the stage of works management and control. Our objective is to deliver top level quality works providing as improvements, shorter deadlines in design stages as well as a the optimization of the resources invested, and thus the return on investment.
To make this possible, we have a large team of expert engineers in the sector. We carry out projects and works management at national and international level, providing a service adapted to any country, language and regulation.
Air Conditioning and ventilation systems (HVAC)
Heating and Air Conditioning systems studies on small, medium and large size systems:
- Thermal loads calculation
- Design and dimensioning Production Centers (cold/heat)
- Calculation and dimensioning of elements of distribution and diffusion, optimized according to individual needs.
- Energy Efficiency studies, Leed Breeam Certification
- Geothermal Energy, Cogeneration, Solar Systems
CEMOSA as a National and International Consulting firm provides engineering services for projects and works management in Electrical Systems. The framework of action of our works delivers solutions to the demands of any type of client and country.
Our offer includes the completion of any project or work management, regardless of size or uniqueness, treating each and all, with the same commitment to quality.
Projects and Works Management aimed at:
- Generation of Electric Power.
- Electric Power Plants.
- Medium and low voltage.
- Switchboards, automation, distribution lines.
The services delivered to clients by CEMOSA are as follows:
- Voice/data systems
- Television closed circuits
- Sound systems
- Chronometry systems (specific to railway projects)
- Radio transmission
- Comprehensive management of facilities
The topography department that is located in various delegations, performs among others, the works listed below:
- Tacheometric surveys. The equipment used is both GPS technology as state of the art robotic stations.
- Polygonal accuracy.
- Levelling accuracy. For levelling, where accuracy below the millimetre is required, we have precision digital levels (NA3003 and LEICA DNA03), showing hundredth of a millimetre. These are achieved taking readings with Invar levelling rods. Such Invar levelling, due to their small expansion coefficient, guarantee the necessary accuracy required for this type of work.
- Work stakeout surveys
- Longitudinal and cross-section profiles. Stakeout processing carried out on an axis, showing the orography of each profile, taking into account slope changes shown by the terrain lay-out.
- Load tests. To measure the arrow, precision digital levels (NA3003 and LEICA DNA03) as well as and Invar levelling are used.
- Survey and demarcation of the hydraulic sea and land Public Domain
- Surface photogrammetry to be mapped for larger areas
- Civil works and building. Project data check, qualitative and quantitative control, project geometrical check and fit, existing and projected elements, etc.